Parties involved with distressed assets, more than other real estate, benefit from working with experienced advisors who can help maneuver the challenging real estate deal cycle from acquisition to divestiture, and all the steps in between. Experience matters when dealing with lenders, creditors, and potential bankruptcy issues.
We have personally worked on over $526 million of distressed asset value across 103 different real estate assignments (346 assets), ranging from single-asset real estate cases to portfolios of properties and notes. Our assignments have included:
- Dispositions of both REO and assets in bankruptcy via a traditional brokerage approach and auctions. Represented commercial banks, special servicers, debt funds, insurance companies, REITs, public companies, private lenders, and bankruptcy counsel, with the liquidation of assets.
- Acquisitions of REO and assets in bankruptcy. Represented buyers in identifying, tracking, negotiating, and executing on acquisitions.
- Loan workouts. Represented borrowers and lenders in their negotiations.
- Consulting assignments to help lenders understand the distressed assets in their own portfolios.
- Court-appointed receiver.
From a business perspective, we understand how to navigate through special situation transactions.